The mission of the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati Foundation is to stimulate artistic creativity and to provide quality educational and cultural experiences to the residents of Greater Cincinnati and the surrounding communities.
The Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center, fondly known as "The Barn”, is the result of the persistence and expertise of the Woman’s Art Club Foundation as well as countless hours of volunteer efforts. Through the WACF, “The Barn” has been able to complete 2 out of 3 phases of reconstruction. The Cultural Center now offers adult and children’s art classes, exhibits, social events, lectures, and much more. There are 4 art studios, a “state-of-the-art” gallery, 2 classrooms, and a kitchen for catered events. The Foundation Board is responsible for the receipt of many generous grants and donations that have made the Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center a reality.
The Barn is located at 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont, OH 45227 ~ 513-272-3700.
Check out and click the menu items on the right to navigate the site. A description of each menu item can be found below.
- "Barn News" covers current and upcoming 'happenings'
- See the month at a glance on the "Calendar".
- "Events" are educational or fund raising efforts you will enjoy.
- Our new "Lecture Series" will introduce you to a new program we are doing in conjunction with the Taft Museum of Art.
- "Patchwork Kids" is our summer outreach program that brings kids and mentors together in Over-the-Rhine.
- Looking for a venue to fine tune your endeavors in fine art? We offer a wide selection of year-round "Classes" for adults, and our summer art program is currently being designed for Summer 2011.
- Let "The Barn" be your next venue for that important meeting, party or wedding. Details are outlined in "Rentals".
- "About the Barn" will explain the history of this historic property and how the Foundation came about.
- If you'd like to support our restoration and program efforts, go to "Donate".
- Much work has been done already, as you'll see in our gallery of pictures in "Restoration".
- We couldn't do it without the time, talent and treasures of all our supporters! Find a "Volunteer Opportunity" of your choosing, and be a part of our mission to provide quality educational and cultural experiences.
- And, lastly, "Barn Year in Review" is a photo collection of the 'work and play' that makes The Barn a vibrant community focal point. (under construction)